I had looked forward to this day since last year. When it finally came, I was filled with so much excitement. Not that I had anything planned, but just the fact that I was turning a year older made me so psyched up.
I woke up in the middle of the night and I turned in bed and was so excited to be 23. I said a silent prayer to God for bringing me this far.
Out of bed and I got into the usual business. Being a weekday, I still had to do the daily writing and still make enough time to celebrate.
My phone kept on vibrating due to the countless text messages from people wishing me a happy birthday. Btw guys, you are my MVPs. Thank you so much for all the wishes.
In turning 23, I have 23 lessons I have learnt over time.
1. Relationship with family is the most important thing. My family has always been my greatest supporters. They have walked with me in every step. When I had a radio show at 6am, they would wake up to listen to me. What would I do without them?
2. Trust in God. He knows the desires of your heart and will grant them to you according to his purposes.
3. Take risks. Life is too short for regrets.
4. Do what makes you happy. Whatever makes you smile, do it. Do not strive to please everyone because at the end of the day, this is your life.
5. The world is a pool of opportunities. Be creative. There is something you are good at. Do it to the best of your ability.
6. Bloom with grace. You are like a flower.
7. Love everyone, trust a few.
8. Be reliable, faithful and honest. It’s how you build long-lasting relationships.
9. Do not be afraid of other people’s opinions. That way, you will live life to the fullest.
10. Do you, be you.
11. God’s got you. All the way.
12. God is intentional. In everything that happens in your life, God has a reason why it did. He allowed it to happen.
13. Stay away from trouble. Be good.
14. Be true to yourself. You are the only one who knows what you really feel. Never hide your emotions.
15. Do not chase after someone’s love. I know it hurts when you love someone so deep, and the love is not reciprocated. Don’t force it. It wasn’t meant to be.
16. Ask and it shall be given unto you.
17. Pray, pray, pray. Talk to God.
18. Live everyday like it’s your last.
19. Read, read and read some more. They say knowledge is power. Know a little bit about everything.
20. Do not be dependent on anyone. Work towards depending on yourself.
21. Make realistic plans and goals.
22. Be you. The best version of yourself.
23. Love. It does not take a lot to.
Turning over a new leaf has given me so much more to look forward to. This far I have come.
There is so much ahead.
To more blessings, more favor and more love. And of course aging gracefully.