I love spoiling the inner me with delicious fatty food, (and then later I have to figure out how to burn the calories). My love for cooking has grown over the years. Perhaps for the reason that my boyfriend loves eating:-D. The cliche saying that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach couldn’t make more sense as it does for me.
The first time I made this kind of chicken, it came out so dark, no one wanted to eat it. I had to encourage myself by eating it though.
Here’s what I had going on in this potato and bread-crumbed chicken situation:
- 2kgs potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- Full chicken
- 3 eggs
- 500gms bread-crumbs
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- A handful rosemary
- 1 cup wheat flour
So what happens is, marinate the chicken using spices of your taste add salt and let it sit in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven at 200°C.
- While it’s in the fridge, boil the potatoes for ten minutes on medium heat. They shouldn’t be too soft. Drain the excess water.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and fry the garlic and rosemary till the garlic turns golden brown. Drain the oil using a mesh sieve and set aside.
- Pour the oil over the potatoes, add black pepper and more salt to taste. Mix them all together until a mushy like layer is seen.
- Put in a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes without moving them. Turn them and bake for another 20 minutes.
- After removing the chicken from the fridge, boil it for 20 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs and pour the beaten eggs on a large plate. Put some wheat flour and bread crumbs on separate plates too.
- Once this is done, take a piece of chicken, coat with the flour first, then eggs and lastly the bread-crumbs. Do this for all the pieces.
- Pour oil in a large pan and deep fry the pieces until golden brown.
What’s your favorite chicken dish?