I recently went home to an upgraded version of omena that has left me always wanting to have more.
Enter fried omena. When you try this, trust me you will not want to go back to the dried one. The fried one is like fish! I have never actually enjoyed this delicacy like I am right now, thanks to this new invention. If you haven’t tried it, you better look for a dealer. As I have found none yet within my area, I will soon be asking my mom for more as my stock here is almost depleted.?
Now this, is one of the easiest meals to make, and it still contains all the nutrients required.
Let’s have a look at some of the benefits it provides: It is rich in calcium, a good source of protein, provides a dietary source of Vitamin D, may prevent asthma in children and it is a source of iron and zinc.
The most advantageous factor is that it is delicious when well made, and easy to prepare!
Here is what you will need to turn this into a delicacy:
- A handful fried omena
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Cooking oil
What to do
- Cut the onions in rings and with a teaspoon of oil, stir in cooking pan until golden brown.
- Cut the tomato into small cubes and put on top of the golden brown onion. Stir and let simmer for a minute or two.
- Add the omena, stir and cover for another minute.
- Add salt and a little water to prevent it from sticking on the pan. Cover and let simmer for yet another minute.
- Pour the milk, let simmer for a minute, and it is ready.
Serve it hot with ugali and a little greens. You are good to go.
Let me know your experience after you try this simple recipe out.
Thank you so much for reading this. See you next time ?