So today, I am going to be showing you how to make sesame, (what we refer to here as simsim). Sesame is a flowering plant that is naturalized in tropical regions around the world, and is cultivated for its edible seeds. It has one of the highest oil contents of any seed.
- Wash the sesame seeds as many times as possible. Each time you wash, you will see some soil stay at the bottom. The purpose of washing as many times as possible is to get rid of the soil.
- In a large heating pan, put the sesame seeds and roast until dry and with a taste almost like roasted groundnuts. When you roast the seeds, they tend to ‘detach’ and not look like they’ve been held together.
- Put in a separate bowl.
- In the same heating pan, put about a half a cup of sugar and melt it over medium heat. The ratio of the seeds to sugar should be equal.
- Pour in the roasted sesame seeds and mix together, over low heat.
- Shape into your desired style.
I hope this was helpful. Try this easy recipe and send me feedback and photos:)