Happy Valentine’s fam! Are you seated at home lonely because someone shot their shot ukakataa kuingia box? ?
Anywho, I feel super excited about this post today. I turned a year older this past weekend and I must say unlike last year when I felt really nervous about getting into my mid-twenties, this year I looked forward to it.
Let me take a moment to thank you so much for all your birthday wishes, love, support and good vibes. I had a great time. I decided to do something a little different this year and so (someone) and I went down to Naivasha for the weekend. It was just what I needed.
PS: I would have done a whole video on traveling to Naivasha on a budget lakini ni venye I’m not a vlogger yet. (Watch this space ?)
Looking back at the years I have been on this earth, I can clearly pick out a few of the things I have learned along the way. To be honest, these are some of the things that make me who I am today. You could be younger and pick up some lessons, or you could be older and agree with me, or even add to what I share.
Also, this is my #YearOfYes. Yes to new opportunities, yes to saying no, yes to taking risks….
1. It always works out. How many things are you enjoying now that you prayed for in the past? So trust the process, and keep in mind that many of the things will go unplanned. It’s what makes life interesting.
2. Family is everything. The number of times my family has come through for me has been innumerable. Not only that, they have supported me even when I have had crazy ideas, they have believed in me, and have been my biggest fans. And because I know you are all reading this, I love you!
3. Life is short. Make the best out of it. Honestly, you could be here today and gone tomorrow. Don’t waste time, don’t procrastinate. Just do it. #ThisIsIt
4. God is in control. There are times I have prayed and found myself overwhelmed with emotion, expressing myself to God. It’s a good feeling to release it all to God because it’s beyond me. He’s got you 100%
5. True love exists. I just wrote this and started chuckling to myself haha. I’m looking back at all my relationships and well I know it does haha. Also, if your current relationship does not build or grow you, then it’s not for you.
6. Read. Not your text messages, but a book. There is so much that happens when you read. Last year I started consistently reading – a book a month, and it opened doors that I did not know could be opened.
7. Hydrate. Trust me, water is good for you. You’ll see what will happen to your skin and overall health. Try it.
8. Everyone’s path is different. Stop comparing yourself to others and just work on you. You are your biggest competition.
9. Try out new things. You’re is still young. So take risks. What’s the worst that could happen? Say yes to something that terrifies you, and then do it. You won’t die.
10. Don’t worry. Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? (Matt 6:26). Live in the present.
11. Say yes to saying, ‘no.’ And don’t explain it.
12. Save. Save. Save. It’s never too early to start.
13. It’s okay to not have it all together. If half of you knew all the stuff I am yet to figure out, you would most probably feel sorry for me. No one’s ever got all their life in order.
14. Find your fire, find your passion, and pursue it. I am pursuing mine, and it’s the only thing that I can allow to keep me up all night. It’s fun and worth it in the long run. Also, it’s not gonna be easy – but you will have the strength to keep on doing it.
15. Take care of yourself. Treat yourself, exercise, eat healthily and rest when you need to.
16. If you get the chance to, travel. Travel. Travel.
17. Don’t follow the crowd. It’ll be fun until it’s not.
18. Be bold. Be strong. Be courageous (Joshua 1:6-7)
19. The older you grow, the wiser you become. Your decisions will be better, and a few times, you’ll realize your parents were right when they told you not to do something.
20. Find God and pursue Him wholeheartedly. You’ll see what happens and then come tell us.
21. Protect your energy. I realized that I thrive in a lot of positivity, and every time someone will speak negatively around me, I constantly have to speak affirmations to myself. So surround yourself with like-minded people.
22. Do something every day towards your goals. Where do you want to be in the next 5 years? What are you doing to make sure you get there? Start small.
23. It’s all about how you think. Your thoughts will either have you excel or fail in life.
24. Learn from your mistakes. When you know better, you do better. So do better. Oh yes, and you will still make mistakes (hopefully lesser).
25. Live, laugh and love… hard.
What have you learned in your years of living? What are the lessons you hold on to and live by?
Also, it’s my birthday all month long. So let’s keep celebrating, yes? ?
See you next time!
Happy belated birthday to you… What you wrote is true and can relate.. we have so much that we want done and we just need to take a day at a time and things will fall into place..
Thank you so much ??
Comments are closed.